- L.A., Harvard Extension School (2016)
- S., Minnesota State University (2007)
- A., Berry College (2000)
- Introduction to Global Issues
- Environment and Society
- Environmental Communication
- Environmental Public Policy
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- New York Coalition for Sustainability in Higher Education
- Founded and served as Executive Director of Climate Caretakers, a ministry focused on educating Christians about the climate crisis (2015 – 2020).
- Served as Director of Educational Programming at Blessed Earth, a Christian non-profit focused on creation care (2010 – 2012).
- Served as Director of Intercultural Student Programs at Houghton College (2007 – 2012).
- Worked as a missionary with New Mission Systems International (2001 – 2005).
My research focuses on the beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors of evangelical Christians on the topic of climate change. I am particularly interested in how evangelicals form their beliefs about climate change, what types of communication techniques can influence their beliefs, and how evangelicals compare to other demographics in the United States and around the world.
- Bloom, M. A., Hayhoe, D., & Webb, B. (2020). Teaching climate change to American evangelicals: Using cultural intelligence to influence change in perspectives among conservative Christian college students. In Bloom, M. A. & Quebec Fuentes, S. (Eds.), Advancing Science and Mathematics Education for a Sustainable Future(19-34), Dallas, TX/Fort Worth, TX: International Consortium for Research in Science & Mathematics Education.
- Hayhoe, D., Bloom, M.A., & Webb, B.S. (2019). Changing evangelicals minds on climate change. Environmental Research Letters. https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/aaf0ce
- Webb, B.S., & Hayhoe, D. (2017). Assessing the influence of an educational presentation on climate change beliefs at an Evangelical Christian college. Journal of Geoscience Education, 65 (272-282).