- M.A., University of Notre Dame (1996)
- B.A., Friedrich-Wilhelms -Universität Bonn (1993)
- German 101
- German 102
- German 103
- Intermediate German (with an emphasis on literature)
- Graduate reading course
- Certification of Completion for Online Teaching and Learning (2014)
- Contribution to German textbook Auf geht’s!
My interest in foreign languages and cultures started while attending high school in Germany and taking Latin and English as mandatory subjects. As a year-long Rotary Club exchange student in Canada, I experienced how valuable it is to learn about different cultures and languages. During my university studies, I added some French, Finnish, and Biblical and Ancient Greek to my language experience and decided I wanted to turn this interest in languages into my profession.
Having traveled extensively in Europe and also North America, I try to combine language instruction with teaching about German and European cultures at the same time. I try to bring a balanced approach of teaching culture, grammar, conversation, writing, and reading skills to my students.
- Textbook development