Online courses at Houghton College provide the same high-quality instruction from the same expert faculty for which Houghton has received national recognition. Competitive pricing and relevant course offerings make taking online courses at Houghton an easy choice.
Who are the courses for?
High school juniors and seniors seeking to expand their educational horizons are welcome to enroll in Houghton’s online courses.
What courses are offered?
Starting October 26, 2020
- BIBL 360 Science and Scripture | 3 Credits | 8 Weeks
- COMM 215 Interpersonal Communication | 3 Credits | 8 Weeks
- HUM 295 From Screwtape to Narnia: An Introduction to C. S. Lewis | 3 Credits | 8 Weeks
- MHS 254 Music of World Cultures | 3 Credits | 8 Weeks
- SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology: Sociological Imagination | 3 Credits | 8 Weeks
Starting January 19, 2021
- MATH 171 Calculus I with Pre-Calculus B | 16 Weeks
- CRJ 201 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CSCI 195 Basics of Coding– 16 weeks
- CSCI 195 Security and Networking Foundations– 16 weeks
- PSY 111 Introduction to Psychology
- THEL 295 Race and American Christianity
- WRIT 101 Writing for the Liberal Arts
Starting February 8, 2021
- MHS 223 History of Rock and Roll & Commercial Music in the United States
- PHIL 202 Metaphysics, Morality, and Mind
Starting March 15, 2021
- BIBL 101 Biblical Literature
- ENST 295 God, Country, and Climate Change
- THEL 209 Introduction to Christianity
How much does it cost?
For the 2020-2021 Academic Year: $180 per credit hour.
No additional or hidden fees. Most courses are 3 credit hours.
When are the courses offered?
Courses are offered during the fall, spring and summer semesters.
Who are the professors?
Online classes are taught in the full context of a Christian worldview by Houghton College faculty – dedicated, experienced educators who integrate their Christian faith with outstanding scholarship and who are experts in their fields. Faculty are experienced, engaged and ready to help you meet your full potential.
Are the credits I earn online transferable?
Because Houghton is fully accredited, our credits are transferable to public and private colleges and universities around the world.