Thank you for your interest in applying to Houghton College Online.
- Online graduate application
- Professional statement:
In 300 – 500 words, describe your professional and educational practices and how they inform your current professional goals. Consider sharing a story that demonstrates why you are pursuing a masters in literacy education. Be sure to include how you think this master’s program might support you in improving your practice and address literacy challenges in today’s classrooms.
- Official transcript from your undergraduate college or university (Evidence of at least a B average in major field)Submit standardized test scores from within the past 5 years.
- Applicants must submit scores from one of the following exam options:
- GRE (above the 50th percentile) | Student sends scores to Houghton (Houghton’s GRE code: 3552)
- edTPA (passing score) | Houghton will obtain scores from the New York State TEACH system
- Valid initial teacher certification
- Two letters of recommendation
To qualify for admission, students must submit the following materials:
- Application for Admission
- Personal Statement
- Reference form
If you previously attend Houghton Online, withdrew, and wish to return you may do so by completing the application process.