Our goal is to make an education at Houghton College affordable for all of our students.
- Undergraduate courses: $500 per credit hour
- No additional fees for any of our programs
Financial Aid Opportunities
We recognize that college is a significant and personal investment and a major concern for most people. Below you will find a summary of the common paths our students take to finance their Houghton education.
If your employer has a tuition reimbursement plan, forward a copy of your reimbursement policy to our Student Financial Services Advisor.
Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
Several payment options are available.
- Online from a checking or savings account
- Monthly payment plan through Tuition Management Systems
- Check or money order
- Alternative loan
- Credit card payment (fees may apply)
Our recruiters and advisors can work with you to discover outside scholarship opportunities that you may qualify for. We also encourage you to explore and research scholarship opportunities on your own.
Federal Student Loan Programs
Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans for more information on types of loan programs available to those who qualify.
Student Financial Services Office Handbook
You may access the 2018-2019 Online Education SFSO Handbook to review:
- Financial Aid Checklist
- Completing your FAFSA
- Federal Subsidized & Unsubsidized Loans
- New York State TAP
- Private Loans
- Employer Reimbursement
- Veterans Benefits
- Financial Aid & Student Accounts Policies
- Student Account Center
Applying for Financial Aid
- Complete FAFSA form.
- Complete using school code 002734 if you would like to apply for federal financial aid.
New York State Residents & Undergraduate Students
- Complete the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application.
- Houghton’s NYS HESC school code is 0305.
- Upon completion of your FAFSA, you should be able to click on a direct link to the TAP application.