Are you seeking to advance your place in the business world?
Take the next step toward achieving your professional goals in this sector. In the A.S. in Business Program at Houghton College, you gain the foundational skills necessary to launch or advance your career in accounting, management, and various other areas of the business workforce.
You will be provided with individualized support, whether you complete the program online or in person at the Buffalo or Utica Centers. Along with classes, internships will ready you for your professional career and hopefully make you money before you even finish your degree.
Complete in two years
When you take classes full-time.
Fit your degree around your schedule with full and part-time options. Your advisor will give you a program map that will give you a clear start and finish.
Associate of Science in Business
24 General Education Credits
36 Business Related Credits
60 Program Total
What Will I learn?
Through Houghton’s A.S. in Business you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of management, becoming equipped to plan and implement strategic behavior for your organization.
- Familiarize yourself with accounting skills, gaining the capability to evaluate the financial performance of your business and aiding you in making more informed decisions.
- Learn the basics of marketing and how to conduct market research in order to target specific customers—both current and potential—and create relationships with them.
- Become familiar with the principles of economics, improving your understanding of the nature of the global economy to help your organization thrive amidst an ever-changing marketplace.
- Gain basic understanding of statistics, enabling you to make data-driven business decisions to maximize efficiency and drive down costs.
- Obtain key general education knowledge and skills that are beneficial and applicable to any profession.
- Be equipped to thrive in a business role, including but not limited to, being a:
- Store Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service Associate
- Executive Assistant
Who is this Degree for?
Looking for Your Next Step
You’ve completed your high school education and want to take the step into higher education without committing to a four-year program right at the start.
You are in your current career and want to further improve yourself, your capabilities, and your earning potential.
You wish to have a marketable credential until you complete more upper-level training like a Bachelor’s or MBA Degree. For you, the A.S. can serve as a solid stepping stone toward these more advanced degrees.
Cost and Affordability
The 2020-2021 cost per credit hour for the A.S. Program Online is:
Cost per Credit Hour
Total Program Cost (60 credits)
Audit Fee per Class
Applying to the A.S. in Business Program
Choose a Start Date
Start Your ApplicationApply Now
Documents and Supporting Materials
You’ll be asked to provide your official high school transcript, 1 recommendation letter, and your test scores.
Your personal statement should be between 300 and 500 words (roughly a half of a page to a page of typed writing).