Apply to one of Houghton’s Online Undergraduate programs and receive your degree in a format that fits your schedule and lifestyle through a regionally accredited and nationally-recognized liberal arts education.
When do I need to complete all the steps of the application process?
|Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||FAFSA Deadline||Registration Deadline|
|January 19, 2021||January 8, 2021||January 12, 2021||January 12, 2021||January 15, 2021|
|March 15, 2021||March 5, 2021||March 8, 2021||March 8, 2021||March 12, 2021|
Am I eligible for admission?
You can get started right away with:
- Psychology (AS or BA)
- Liberal Arts (AA)
- Criminal Justice (AS or BA)
- Christian Ministries (AAS)
- Business (AS)
- Organizational Management (BS or BBA)
If you have 62 credits to be transferred from an accredited college or college level testing program, you can enter into these programs:
- HR Management* (BS or BBA)
- Leadership Development* (BS or BBA)
- Integrated Marketing Communication* (BS or BBA)
*If you have yet to receive 62 college credits you can enroll and then switch to your desired major upon completion of 62 credit hours.
What transfer credit does Houghton accept?
- Previous college coursework
- Experiential learning credit
- DSST Exams
Choose a start date
- January 19, 2021
- March 15, 2021
Submit any required materials:
Degree-seeking students only:
- Official college transcripts are required from all institutions attended. Official high school transcripts are required for admission of students who have not attended college, and for any student upon enrollment.
- Statement of Faith
Complete your FAFSA
Go to the FAFSA website and find Houghton College or enter our FAFSA code (002734) to ensure Houghton receives your FAFSA at least one (1) week prior to your start date.FAFSA website
Update and submit your resume with any applicable certifications, trainings, and work experience. This will be used in the credit audit process.
If you attended Houghton in the past and are seeking to return, please submit the online request to return form:
This includes Houghton Online, Houghton Adult Education, Houghton PACE, or if you attended a different Houghton campus in the past and are seeking to switch to a fully online program.
If you applied to Houghton Online in the past but have never attended or taken Houghton courses, please submit the online reapplication form: