Students use the major audit sheet of the year they entered Houghton unless they receive an approval to switch years. Students entering Fall 2017 and later should follow General Education Requirements. Students who entered before Fall 2017 should follow Integrative Studies Requirements.
General Education Requirements
- 2019-20 General Education (for students entering Fall 2017 and later)
- General Education Transfer Guidelines (for students entering Fall 2017 and later)
- General Education Transition Rules (for students who entered before Fall 2017)
- Integrative Studies Requirements (before Fall 2017) may be found below.
Majors (Audit Sheets)
Students use the audit sheet of the year they entered Houghton unless they receive an approval to switch years. Current major offerings and liberal arts requirements may be viewed here.
Audit sheets for major requirements and General Education/Integrative Studies:
Information on how AP, CLEP, and IB credit may be applied.
Integrative Studies Requirements (2016-17 and before)
- Integrative Studies requirements list and guidelines (for BA/BS/BFA – lists all courses that meet each IS requirement)
- BMus Integrative Studies requirements (only use for BMus students)
- Handbook for Advisors and Students (2016-2017)
- Policies are listed in the college catalog
- Expanded audit policy