How Do I…? (students)

Declare a Major

Talk to your advisor and the Department Chair of your intended major. Fill out a Major Declaration Form.

Declare a Minor

Simply fill out the Minor Declaration Form.

Add or Drop a Class

Talk to your advisor and fill out the Course Add/Drop form.

ALL ATHLETES must inform the Registrar’s Office that they are athletes whenever they wish to change their schedules so that we may check for continued eligibility.

Get Proof of Enrollment

Email the Registrar’s Office with the information you need and where you need it sent.

Order a Transcript

Visit our transcript page. Order an official transcript ($5) through National Student Clearinghouse. Request an unofficial transcript (free) by completing the transcript request form and emailing it to

Take More than 18 Credits in a Semester

Submit an Academic Petition.

Substitute a Major/Minor/Concentration Requirement

Have the chair of the deparment email with approval of the substitution.

Take a Course at Another School

Use the Non-Houghton Course Prior Approval Form.

If the course is for major/minor/concentration credit, the form must be approved by the chair of that department.


  • Credits will only be transferred in for courses in which the student receives a C- or above.
  • When the course is completed and grades are posted, the student needs to request an official transcript be sent to the Registrar’s Office. Transcripts must arrive in a sealed envolope or it will not be accepted.
  • Eighteen of a student’s last 24 credit hours must be completed at Houghton College in order to graduate.

Withdraw from School

Contact CASA to discuss your withdrawal and complete a withdrawal from the college form.