The purpose of chapel is to affirm our corporate identity as a Christian liberal arts college which is part of the larger body of Christ.
Our times of corporate gathering are expressions of this identity. We desire these gatherings to reflect the varied composition and needs of our community of faith and academic pursuits.
Specifically, we seek chapel times which are:
- Participatory: An opportunity for community members to encounter God through music, scripture, prayer, communion and contemplation
- Celebratory: An expression of corporate worship and occasionally a time of recognition of those in our past and present who serve as spiritual examples
- Revelatory: A time to grow in our understanding and knowledge of God
- Expository: An expansion of our understanding of scripture, Christian truths and experience and how these inform our individual and corporate spiritual identity
- Educational: Encourage a wider understanding of Christian theologies, worship, art and liturgy.
Fall 2020 Chapel Update
For Fall 2020, since we are not able to hold indoor in-person services, we will be holding most chapels virtually, with some other in-person events.
A full list of options are on the Chapel Moodle site. Please contact Dean Jordan if you have trouble accessing the Moodle site.
On-campus students are required to attend 25 of these events, remote learners are required to attend 15.
Mondays will be a service of lectio divina, a sacred reading of Scripture. Wednesdays will be an interview with a guest with an opportunity for sharing your questions and thoughts, as we’ll be monitoring the chat and bringing questions to the speaker.
Various other video content will be shared on Moodle as it becomes available.
Weekdays Sep.7 thru Nov. 20.
Various spiritual life and Mosaic events, shared on moodle as they are planned.
Go In Peace
A devotional resource from the Dean of the Chapel
"Go In Peace" is a daily devotional resource that we hope will be a comfort and encouragement to you.
Listen to today's audioGo in Peace
Use the links below to access additional resources.