Director, Houghton Buffalo West—Symphony Circle
Buffalo West—Symphony Circle
Pierre Michel Jr. is the current Director of Houghton College Buffalo at the Symphony Circle Site. Mr. Michel serves as a Christian spiritual academic and operational servant leader. He oversees staff, faculty and a population of students who represent over 15 different countries and languages. His passion for serving the immigrant and New American community stems from his Haitian Roots. Born in Brooklyn, New York, to a Haitian Immigrant family, Pierre has learned firsthand what it feels like to personally overcome educational and societal barriers to achieve success.
- Exec. M.B.A. | University at Buffalo
- B.S. in Biology | Houghton College
Honors and Awards
- 2017 -2019 Excellence of Service Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce Industry Award
- 2021 Agent of Change, Mural by Torn-Space in collaboration with Lafayette International High School, Buffalo, New York.
- 2021 Featured in the Buffalo Rising, Bridging Communities and City Organizations.
- 2021 Featured in the Buffalo News, Students Highlight Change-Makers with West Side Mural
- English and Writing; English Grammar
- Business and Economics; Introduction to Business
- Interdisciplinary Studies; Transitions; Succeeding at Houghton College