At Houghton College, a Resident Assistant (RA) is assigned to each floor or area in the residences. Under the supervision of the Resident Director (RD), RAs are pivotal in helping to create intentional, Christ-centered living and learning environments for our students. They ensure that students at Houghton College have a positive and transformative living experience on campus by:
- putting on community building events like area dinners, birthday parties, or capture the flag on the quad.
- upholding Student Life policies and ensuring the safety of our residences.
- mediating roommate conflicts.
- planning programs that address topics and issues related to student growth, development and learning.
- reporting maintenance needs.
- providing a listening ear or helping students find support through the various resources available on campus.
We highly encourage you to get to know our wonderful Residence Life Staff. They are there to be a resource and aid to you as a student at Houghton College!