For additional resources, please visit the Resource Library in Handshake.
Individual Counseling Appointments:
Counselors are available to talk with you about vocational discernment, choosing a major, career exploration, writing a resume, or finding a job/internship. To schedule an appointment, log into Handshake and select the “Appointments” tab under Career Center.
VOCA Counselors Help You Discern Your Unique Calling By:
- Encouraging self-assessment and conversations about vocation
- Identifying how unique strengths, talents, and abilities meet community and world needs
- Providing knowledge, tools, and questions to explore and understand vocation
- Cultivating curiosity regarding life’s possibilities
Vocational Exploration Resources
- Top Companies – Fortune Magazine Rankings
- Manta – Information on over 60 million worldwide small companies
- Careers for Students with Disabilities
- Salary Information
- SALT An industry-leading program that gives your students and alumni tools for managing loans and finding scholarships and jobs.
- Fastweb (Scholarship Opportunities)
Assessments are available to aid students in the process of finding out who they are, what they have to offer, and what they can do. Many of these testing instruments relate certain interests, skills, and personal preferences to potential career opportunities. Each assessment takes about 30-40 minutes to complete and results are interpreted and discussed in a personal counseling session. If interested in taking an assessment, stop by or contact the VOCA office or Request an Appointment through Handshake.
The Strong Interest Inventory (SII) is the oldest and most reliable of the vocational instruments and is an empirically designed instrument that helps to discover interests, preferences, and personal style reports—exactly the information needed to choose a career!
The Clifton StrengthsFinder helps individuals identify their top five strengths to help them at work, in their communities, at home, and in their church.
What do you want to do for a living? The O*NET Interest Profiler helps you decide what kinds of careers you might want to explore.
A variety of resources for alumni are available. Find a job, hire a recent graduate, or help mentor a current student. For more information on these and more opportunities contact the VOCA Center at email@example.com or 585-567-9626.