Returning Students

You’ve been cleared to return!

Below is a list of steps to take now that you have been cleared to return to Houghton.


Submit a current aid application

If you are a US citizen, submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Otherwise, submit the Canadian Aid form or the Affidavit of Financial Support.
Apply for Financial Aid

Confirm your enrollment

Submit your confirmation of enrollment form and $100 enrollment deposit for returning students.
Confirm your enrollment

Submit Enrollment Profile & Housing Preference

Update your Houghton University enrollment profile and indicate your housing preference (on-campus, commute, other)
Enrollment Profile & Housing Preference

Select housing & meal plan

Connect with the Housing office to discuss housing and meal plan options.
Residence Life and Housing

Select health insurance option

You may choose to opt-out of the college-provided health insurance (not opting out will automatically enroll you, for your convenience).
Opt out of college health insurance

Submit any new transcripts (if applicable)

Have you taken coursework anywhere else since you withdrew from Houghton, even if just one course or if you withdrew from the courses you enrolled in? If so, please submit them to the Office of Admission.
Transcript Request Form

Select courses

Connect with the Registrar's Office to sign up for courses.

Review financial aid checklist and billing information

Review our process for financial validation and prepare your financial aid strategy.
Financial Aid Checklist