The integrated marketing communication degree at Houghton College develops a defined competence in the communication components of marketing, including advertising, public relations, marketing events, and electronic initiatives.
The focus is to enable students to assume a role in a marketing or promotions department with the ability to understand, manage, and implement an expected set of professional tasks. This marketing and communication degree will provide students with the skills needed to succeed in the ever-changing business landscape.
- Understand marketing concepts and practices.
- Examine how marketing is integrated within an organization.
- Develop marketing plans and formulate marketing strategies to fit a variety of environments.
- Use marketing principles to construct product management, pricing, promotion, and distribution courses of action to achieve stated marketing objectives.
Elective Courses and General Education
Why Major in Integrated Marketing Communication?
- Study with faculty members who have years of professional business experience in a variety of fields, including (but not limited to) broadcasting, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, nonprofits, banking, public relations, higher education and human resource management.
- Join the 100 percent of Houghton business majors who are employed or in graduate school one year after graduation (according to a survey done in 2014).