The leadership development degree at Houghton College provides an intentional and creative blend of theory and evaluation of application.
Studying leadership development at Houghton prepares you for future leadership positions.
- Develop communication, critical thinking, team building, analytic and complex problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading teams, making difficult decisions and affecting change.
Elective Courses and General Education
Why Major in Leadership Development?
- Get real-world, hands-on experience in the field with our many student-run business opportunities.
- Study with faculty members who have years of professional business experience in a variety of fields, including (but not limited to) broadcasting, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, nonprofits, banking, public relations, higher education and human resource management.
- Join the 100 percent of Houghton business majors who are employed or in graduate school one year after graduation (according to a survey done in 2014).
Faculty Members with Solid Experience in the Field
Many of our business faculty members have 25 years or more of professional working experience prior to their academic career. Our professors have served as Certified Public Accountants, human resource managers, financial consultants, public relations directors, business analysts, television and radio broadcasters, communication strategy managers, organizational effectiveness consultants, lawyers, and entrepreneurs. The experience they bring into the classroom enriches and validates what students are learning through their coursework.