Changing the world—one person at a time.
Why do we think, feel and act the way we do? A bachelor’s degree in psychology from Houghton Online will help you gain perspective on your own experiences, develop empathic understanding of others and learn ways to help people in need.
Students taking a full course load can complete the program in as few as 18 months.
Learn on Your Time
Instead of 'live,' in-class sessions, you will participate in video content, readings, and online discussions at your convenience. Scheduled real-time video conferencing allows you to interact with faculty and classmates.
Ready to Learn More?
Let's Get Started
What will I learn?
Through Houghton’s BA in Psychology you will:
- Conduct psychological research collaboratively with faculty and peers
- Acquire conflict management, ethical reasoning, and critical thinking skills
- Obtain hands-on field experience with one of our many internship opportunities
- Prepare for further study at the graduate level
- Hone your written, communication and presentation skills for diverse audiences
- Gain an understanding of how people think and act and how to help and motivate them
- Deeply integrate rigorous academic study with the Christian faith
Elective Credits + General Education
A Degree Made for a Full-time Professional & Mother
Hear the story of Michelle Miller '20 and how Houghton Online allowed her to balance her full-time employment and motherhood with finishing her degree.
Who is this degree for?
Individuals wanting to pursue a career in psychology and need a bachelor’s degree to open doors; professionals in any field who want to improve how they work with people; anyone wishing to advance their career in the helping professions, or students who plan to go to graduate school.
Learn from Faculty with Real-world Experience
Faculty includes psychologists from the following fields: clinical, social, developmental, personality, and counseling.
Get Experience in the Field
Internships give you hands-on learning in a real-world setting, giving you the chance to integrate theory with professional practice. Opportunities include group homes, foster care programs, schools, direct care work; or students can suggest an appropriate customized internship in their local areas.
Meet a Faculty Member
Cost and Affordability
The 2020-21 cost per credit hour for the Psychology degree is
Cost per credit hour
Audit fee per class
Tuition and fees are subject to change annually. Costs for books are not included.
Students earning a BA degree in Psychology from Houghton Online are prepared to enter graduate school for further study, or careers in:
- Clinical and counseling psychology
- School psychology
- Social work
- Human services
- Student and personnel development
- Psychological research
- Third-party conflict intervention like mediation, negotiation or arbitration
- Youth work, therapeutic recreation, or the camping industry