Changing the world—one person at a time.
Why do we think, feel and act the way we do? A bachelor’s degree in psychology from Houghton Online will help you gain perspective on your own experiences, develop empathic understanding of others and learn ways to help people in need.
Students taking a full course load can complete the program in as few as 18 months.
Learn on Your Time
Instead of 'live,' in-class sessions, you will participate in video content, readings, and online discussions at your convenience. Scheduled real-time video conferencing allows you to interact with faculty and classmates.
Ready to Learn More?
Let's Get Started
What will I learn?
Through Houghton’s BA in Psychology you will:
- Conduct psychological research collaboratively with faculty and peers
- Acquire conflict management, ethical reasoning, and critical thinking skills
- Obtain hands-on field experience with one of our many internship opportunities
- Prepare for further study at the graduate level
- Hone your written, communication and presentation skills for diverse audiences
- Gain an understanding of how people think and act and how to help and motivate them
- Deeply integrate rigorous academic study with the Christian faith
Elective Credits + General Education
A Degree Made for a Full-time Professional & Mother
Hear the story of Michelle Miller '20 and how Houghton Online allowed her to balance her full-time employment and motherhood with finishing her degree.
Who is this degree for?
Individuals wanting to pursue a career in psychology and need a bachelor’s degree to open doors; professionals in any field who want to improve how they work with people; anyone wishing to advance their career in the helping professions, or students who plan to go to graduate school.
Learn from Faculty with Real-world Experience
Faculty includes psychologists from the following fields: clinical, social, developmental, personality, and counseling.
Get Experience in the Field
Internships give you hands-on learning in a real-world setting, giving you the chance to integrate theory with professional practice. Opportunities include group homes, foster care programs, schools, direct care work; or students can suggest an appropriate customized internship in their local areas.
Meet a Faculty Member
Cost and Affordability
The 2020-21 cost per credit hour for the Psychology degree is:
Cost per credit hour
Audit fee per class
Tuition and fees are subject to change annually. Costs for books are not included.
Students earning a BA degree in Psychology from Houghton Online are prepared to enter graduate school for further study, or careers in:
- Clinical and counseling psychology
- School psychology
- Social work
- Human services
- Student and personnel development
- Psychological research
- Third-party conflict intervention like mediation, negotiation or arbitration
- Youth work, therapeutic recreation, or the camping industry