Gain additional leadership and management training
A set of online courses designed to give you a foundation in the business field suitable for admission to Houghton’s Master of Business Administration degree program.
Complete in Under 10 Months
Students taking one class every 8 weeks can complete the certificate in under 10 months. If students wish to complete in 8 months, they can double up with Statistics in the summer.
Designed for non-business majors
This certificate prepares students from any academic program for successful entry into the MBA program, and also provides a foundational knowledge of business.
Master the fundamental topics of business administration through five courses
- At the end of each course, students complete a competency exam to demonstrate fundamental mastery of the material in the course
- Upon successful completion of the course of study, students receive a certificate in business administration
What will I learn?
Develop an understanding of fundamental business concepts through courses in management, accounting, marketing, statistics and economics.
- Incorporate the knowledge, roles, responsibilities and skills required of new managers
- Be uniquely prepared to understand managerial decision-making and problem-solving
- Develop a working knowledge of accounting and finance concepts used by managers including analysis of financial statements, budgeting, working capital management and financing alternatives
- Examine proactive and reactive business strategies and tactics that create and fulfill demand for consumer products and services
- Learn how to correctly collect and analyze information vital to your organization to confidently make data-based decisions
Fulfill MBA entry requirements
Non-business majors who earn this certificate can check off the courses required for entry into the MBA program.
The certificate rate is $200 per class.
Students can be ready to enter the MBA program in less than a year.
Cost and Affordability
With this certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Successfully enter Houghton’s MBA program
- Apply fundamental business knowledge to your existing career
- Get started on your business career
1. Choose a start date
- January 19, 2021
- March 15, 2021
- May 10, 2021
- July 5, 2021