Choose a Track:
A full-time load with two 7-week courses at a time.
A combination of one (1) or two (2) 7-week courses at a time.
A part-time load with one 7-week course at a time
Fall 2021 applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis
Spring 2021 applications are currently being accepted
Fall 2021 applications are currently being accepted
One-Year and Two-Year Tracks
- April 15: Priority Deadline I
- June 1: Priority Deadline II
- After June 1: Rolling Admission
Complete the Following Steps
Write and submit a professional statement
The Houghton MBA prepares students for faithful, thoughtful, skillful leadership and includes several distinctive features. In 300-500 words, describe how the Houghton MBA will help you accomplish your personal or professional goals?
Submit your official college transcript from your baccalaureate institution
Update and submit your resume
Obtain and submit two recommendation letters (academic and/or professional)
A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
Completion of each of the following prerequisite college level courses with a grade of a B- or higher
- Accounting (financial, managerial, or accounting and finance principles)
- Economics (intro to economics, microeconomics, or macroeconomics)
- Management (principles or fundamentals)
- Marketing (principles)
500+ hours of professional work and/or internship experience
Do you not meet the admission requirements?
If have not yet completed all requirements listed above, you can connect with the MBA Director today to learn more about these optional pathways.
Below a 3.0 GPA?
If you have not earned at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA, an option to be considered for admission is to receive a GMAT exam score of at least 500, along with a statement for each of the following:
- An explanation of why your grades were below Houghton College’s minimum expectations
- A description of your potential to be an influence for good
- A list of your relevant experiences and/or activities that demonstrate ability to complete graduate work at Houghton College successfully (including brief descriptions and supporting evidence if possible)
- An outline of specific procedures and strategies that you will follow to successfully navigate and meet the rigorous requirements of graduate study
Missing required coursework?
If you have not completed or earned at least a B- in the above courses, options to be considered for admission include:
- Submission of an example of your work experience that may be used as to waive no more than one or two relevant prerequisite courses
- An agreement to complete prerequisite courses, either before or alongside your MBA coursework
Fewer than 500 hours of professional experience?
If you have not yet completed 500+ hours of professional work and/or internship experience, options to be considered for admission include:
- Listing and quantification of existing hours of your professional work and/or internship experience
- Written statement of your future opportunities and a timeline for completion of additional hours of professional work and/or internship experience