Houghton College welcomes military veterans and their families to our community. We have a long tradition of commitment to and support of our armed services. Through our Yellow Ribbon School status and our recent designation as a Military Friendly School in 2019-2020 through G.I. Jobs Magazine, Houghton continues to seek opportunities to serve our military students and their families with the highest level of care.
Houghton College is approved by the New York State division of Veterans Affairs for the training of veterans. Houghton College also participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program for students receiving educational assistance under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. Houghton College will not:
- Prevent nor delay the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution, including but not limited to access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities.
However, the student must meet all other Financial Validation requirements and produce the Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class. Additional information is available in the Student Financial Services Office.
Researching your State and Federal Benefits
- State: See if you qualify for any state Veterans educational benefits. Visit this web page for information about the .
- Federal: Contact the Veterans Administration to find out what benefits you qualify for under your military service contract or visit . Many Veterans qualify for more than one type of benefit, so you need to determine which benefit would help you best achieve your educational goals. To do this, you can use the at the Department of Veterans Affairs website, or you call them at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central time Monday thru Friday.