Houghton College was founded in 1883 as a Christian liberal arts college in the Wesleyan tradition. For more than 125 years Houghton College has prepared students to become global contributors empowered by a challenging education, taught in a vibrant community and grounded in Christian faith. Houghton regularly earns national recognition for its transformative education and commitment to linking theory with practice. Two thirds of our students are from the top 25% of their high school class.
Located in beautiful Allegany County, New York, Houghton College has a student body of around 1,200 students from over 40 states and 25 countries. Baccalaureate degrees are offered in 48 fields and Master level degrees are offered in Music. Please explore our website to find out more about our dynamic academic community.
Houghton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity within its administration, faculty, staff and student populations. Women and minorities are strongly urged to apply.
Current Faculty Positions
- Assistant Professor of Voice (Tenor/Bass)
- Dean of Extension Studies
- Physics: Assistant or Associate Professor Physics or Applied/Engineering Physics
- Adult Degree Faculty: Accounting & Finance for the Non-Financial Manager
- Adult Degree Faculty: Human Resources Management
- Chemistry: Assistant or Associate Professor (2013)
- Intercultural Studies: Linguistics: Assistant or Associate Professor
Procedure for applicants
Interested applicants should send the following to email@example.com. You will be notified and your file will be considered complete when all pieces have been received.
1) Cover letter identifying the position for which applying, detailing qualifications and
2) Current Curriculum Vita which includes all post-secondary educational experiences
and degrees; titles of master's/doctoral theses, any honors you have received;
3) Names and complete contact information for at least three references
4) Completed Faculty Employment Application
Applicants selected for further consideration of employment must provide appropriate grade transcripts and supporting materials as requested, and are expected to submit to a criminal background check.
Faculty members at Houghton College are asked to subscribe to the following College and Wesleyan Church positions: