Houghton College was founded in 1883 as a Christian liberal arts college in the Wesleyan tradition. For more than 125 years Houghton College has prepared students to become global contributors empowered by a challenging education, taught in a vibrant community and grounded in Christian faith. Houghton regularly earns national recognition for its transformative education and commitment to linking theory with practice. Two thirds of our students are from the top 25% of their high school class.
Located in beautiful Allegany County, New York, Houghton College has a student body of around 1,200 students from over 40 states and 25 countries. Baccalaureate degrees are offered in 48 fields and Master level degrees are offered in Music. Please explore our website to find out more about our dynamic academic community.
Houghton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity within its administration, faculty, staff and student populations. Women and minorities are strongly urged to apply.
Current Faculty Positions
- Adjunct Math Faculty - Buffalo (part time) (Spring 2015)
- Biology/Genetics (Fall 2015)
- Chemistry / BioChemistry (Fall 2015)
- Finance (Fall 2015)
- Accounting (Fall 2015)
- Printmaking (Fall 2015)
- Applied Mathematics (Fall 2015)
- Mathematics (Fall 2015)
- Music Theory & Composition (Fall 2015)
- Web Communication (Fall 2015)
- Adjunct Biology Faculty - Buffalo (part time)
Faculty members at Houghton College are asked to subscribe to the following College and Wesleyan Church positions. Please review these documents carefully before submitting an application.
Procedure for applicants
Interested applicants should send the following documents to email@example.com.
Some applications may require additional documents. Please review the position announcement carefully. You will be notified and your file will be considered complete when all pieces have been received.
- Completed Faculty Employment Application (online submission)
- Cover letter identifying the position for which applying, detailing qualifications, and including a statement of teaching philosophy
- Current Curriculum Vita which includes all post-secondary educational experiences and degrees; titles of master's/doctoral theses, any honors you have received; employment history
- References: List of names and complete contact information for at least three references