Human Resources | Faculty Openings
Houghton College was founded in 1883 as a Christian liberal arts college in the Wesleyan tradition. For more than 125 years Houghton College has prepared students to become global contributors empowered by a challenging education, taught in a vibrant community and grounded in Christian faith. Houghton regularly earns national recognition for its transformative education and commitment to linking theory with practice. Two thirds of our students are from the top 25% of their high school class.
Located in beautiful Allegany County, New York, Houghton College has a student body of around 1,200 students from over 40 states and 25 countries. Baccalaureate degrees are offered in 48 fields and Master level degrees are offered in Music. Please explore our website to find out more about our dynamic academic community.
Houghton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity within its administration, faculty, staff and students. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
Current Faculty Positions
- Associate or Full Professor of Electrical Engineering, Irwin Chair of Engineering
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
- Director of Technical Arts & Instructor of Music Industry
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Psychology - Biological Psychology
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Psychology - Social or Developmental Psychology
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance and Economics
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Physics or Engineering Physics
- Dean of Extension Sites
Please review the following documents, which articulate some of the key positions of Houghton College and the Wesleyan Church. Faculty and staff are asked to subscribe to these statements.
- Doctrinal Statement
- Community Covenant
- More information outlining the beliefs of our sponsoring denomination, The Wesleyan Church, can be found on their website.
Procedure For Applicants
Cover letter identifying the position for which applying, detailing qualifications, and including a statement of teaching philosophy
Current Curriculum Vita which includes all post-secondary educational experiences and degrees; titles of master's/doctoral theses, any honors you have received; employment history
References: List of names and complete contact information for at least three references
Some applications may require additional documents. Please review the position announcement carefully. You will be notified and your file will be considered complete when all pieces have been received.
Applicants selected for further consideration of employment must provide appropriate grade transcripts and supporting materials as requested, and are expected to submit to a criminal background check.