Sherry Ballard, Payroll Administrator
One Willard Avenue
Houghton, NY 14744
Student Employment Opportunities
Listed below are common departments on campus at which students work. Please contact the specific department to inquire about current job openings.
*If calling from off-campus, please dial (585) 567- 9500, then the extension listed.
- Advancement - ext. 3400
- Admission - ext. 3530
- Admission Visits and Tours - ext. 3560
- Center for Academic Success and Advisement (CASA) - ext. 2620
- Gym - ext. 6450
- Health Center - ext. 4830
- Houghton Fund Phoning - ext. 4600
- Library - ext. 2400
- Maintenance - ext. 4800
- Off Campus Studies Office - ext. 6340
- Sodexo Food Service - ext. 2600
- Student Financial Services - ext. 3280
- Student Life - ext. 2200
- Technology Services - ext. 2870
- Employee Information Form (PDF)
- I-9 Form Acceptable Documents (The I-9 form must be completed/signed in front of Payroll personnel. This is just a link to the list of unexpired identification documents that must be presented when the form is completed.)
- W-4 Form (PDF)
- Summer Employee Form (PDF)
- Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Student Employment Policy (PDF)
- Supervisor's Step-By-Step Process for Hiring (PDF)
Before starting your summer employment:
- You need to complete a Employment Form, even if you have worked on campus before. Be sure to get your supervisor's signature with Department name and turn it in to the Payroll Office
- Please check with the Payroll Office to be sure you are in our payroll system. If you are not in our system you will need to fill out required forms
- See the Pay Schedule to know when to expect payments.
NOTE: Our preferred form of payment is by direct deposit to your bank account. You maybe paid in the form of a live check, however, please be advised that if you are responsible for the misplacement of a check, there will be a $40.00 fee to stop payment on that check. If you choose to be paid by direct deposit, please fill out the Direct Deposit Form. Thank you.