Student Payroll

Contact Information

Dianna Clem, Payroll Specialist
Luckey Building
One Willard Avenue
Houghton, NY 14744

Student Employment Opportunities

Listed below are common departments on campus where students work. Current open positions are posted on Handshake under Jobs/On campus student employment. Use your Houghton username and password to login.

*If calling from off-campus, please dial (585) 567- 9500, then the extension listed.

  • Advancement - ext. 3400
  • Admission - ext. 3560
  • Admission Visits and Tours - ext. 3560
  • Center for Academic Success and Advisement (CASA) - ext. 2620
  • Custodial -
  • Gym - ext. 6450
  • Health Center - ext. 4830
  • Houghton Fund Phoning - ext. 4600
  • Intramurals - ext. 4890
  • Library - ext. 2400
  • Maintenance - ext. 4800
  • Off Campus Studies Office - ext. 6340
  • Food Service - ext. 2600
  • Student Financial Services - ext. 3280
  • Student Life - ext. 2200
  • Technology Services - ext. 2870
  • Welcome Center - ext. 2000


Mandatory Forms

Other Forms

Summer Employment

Before starting your summer employment:

  • You need to complete a Employment Form, even if you have worked on campus before.  Be sure to get your supervisor's signature with Department name and turn it in to the Payroll Office
  • Please check with the Payroll Office to be sure you are in our payroll system.  If you are not in our system you will need to fill out required forms
  • See the Pay Schedule to know when to expect payments.

NOTE: Our preferred form of payment is by direct deposit to your bank account. You may be paid in the form of a live check, however, please be advised that if you are responsible for the misplacement of a check, there will be a $40.00 fee to stop payment on that check. If you choose to be paid by direct deposit, please fill out the Direct Deposit Form. Thank you.