Summer Session 1: May 8- June 30, 2019
- Last day to register: May 8
- Last day to add/drop: May 9
- Last day to withdraw: May 31
Summer Session 2: July 1- August 23, 2019
- Last day to register: July 1
- Last day to add/drop: July 2
- Last day to withdraw: July 26
Summer 2019 online courses are an affordable option, discounted heavily compared to the same courses offered during the academic year.
- For main campus Houghton College students, high school juniors and seniors, and incoming main campus students (including transfers), the cost of online courses is $175 per credit hour.
- There is no technology fee for summer online courses.
- The cost of textbooks and other course materials is incurred separately.
eBill statements for Summer will start to go out in mid-March, and will continue on a monthly basis through mid-June. Please see www.houghton.edu/ebillinfo for more information.
Institutional aid, Federal work study, or student employment will not be awarded to students attending Summer online.
Online Summer Session Refund Policy:
Refunds on all charges will be prorated according to the chart below. Students withdrawing before the classes begin for a given term will receive a 100 percent refund of charges. A copy of the worksheet used for the refund calculation can be requested from Student Financial Services (email: email@example.com; phone: x3280 or 585-567-9328)
100% during the drop period (first two days)
75% for the remainder of the first week
50% during the second week
0% week three and beyond
Requests for Drops or Withdrawals
All requests for drops must be emailed to the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 pm ET, May 10, 2019 for Term 1 and by July 3, 2019 for Term 2.
All requests for withdrawals must be emailed to the Registrar by 5 pm ET, June 8, 2019 for Term 1 and by August 3, 2019 for Term 2.
The date of the email determines the refund date used above. It is important to note that notifying an instructor does not constitute an official request to drop or withdraw from a course.
Institutional financial aid does not apply to Summer Online courses because of the deep pricing discounts offered. However, there may be federal financial assistance available in limited situations.
Contact Student Financial Services (email: email@example.com; phone: x3280 or 585-567-9328) for more information. Note: free Mayterm/Summer does not apply to Summer Online courses.