Summer Session 1: May 6 – June 28, 2020
- Last day to add: May 6
- Last day to drop (and receive a full refund): May 7
- Last day to drop: May 10
- Last day to withdraw: June 9
Summer Session 2: June 29 – August 23, 2020
- Last day to add: June 29
- Last day to drop (and receive a full refund): June 30
- Last day to drop: July 3
- Last day to withdraw: July 31
Summer 2020 online courses are an affordable option, discounted heavily compared to the same courses offered during the academic year.
- For main campus Houghton College students the cost of online courses is $250 per credit hour.
- For high school juniors and seniors, and incoming main campus students (including transfers) the cost of online courses is $525 per course.
- There is no technology fee for summer online courses.
- The cost of textbooks and other course materials is incurred separately.
eBill statements for Summer will start to go out in mid-March, and will continue on a monthly basis through mid-June. Please click here for more information.
Institutional aid, Federal work study, or student employment will not be awarded to students attending Summer online.
Online Summer Session Refund Policy:
Refunds on all charges will be prorated according to the chart below. Students dropping before the classes begin for a given term will receive a 100 percent refund of charges. A copy of the worksheet used for the refund calculation can be requested from Student Financial Services (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: x3280 or 585-567-9328)
100% during the drop period (first two days)
75% for the remainder of the first week
50% during the second week
0% week three and beyond
Requests for Drops or Withdrawals
All requests for drops must be made through the Course Add/Drop Form by 4 pm ET, May 10, 2020 for Term 1 and by July 3, 2020 for Term 2.
All requests for withdrawals must made through the Course Withdrawal Form by 4 pm ET, June 9, 2020 for Term 1 and by July 31, 2020 for Term 2.
The date of the email determines the refund date used above. It is important to note that notifying an instructor does not constitute an official request to drop or withdraw from a course.
Questions regarding drops or withdrawals can be sent to the Registrar’s Office.
Institutional financial aid does not apply to Summer Online courses because of the deep pricing discounts offered. However, there may be federal financial assistance available in limited situations.
Contact Student Financial Services (email: email@example.com; phone: x3280 or 585-567-9328) for more information. Note: free Mayterm/Summer does not apply to Summer Online courses.