Houghton Email Account Creation and Student ID Request
After your confirmation of enrollment deposit has been received and fully processed, you will be able to create your official Houghton College email account and request your student ID number. Below are the steps to follow in order to do so.
Step 1: Submit Your Enrollment Deposit
- Submit your enrollment deposit.
- Check your email for confirmation it has been received.
- After you receive your confirmation email, you should also receive an enrollment packet mailing within a week or so.
- Once your enrollment packet has been received, you will be able to create your Houghton email account.
Note: you should be able to create your Houghton email account within a day or two after receiving email confirmation of the receipt of your enrollment deposit. If you attempt to create your email account too soon, however, you'll find that the form will not complete successfully at that time. Waiting a day or two is usually effective. If you run into any issues, contact your admission counselor.
Step 2: Create Your Houghton Email Account
- Read the email creation instructions included in your enrollment forms.
- Go to https://accounts.houghton.edu and follow the instructions.
Step 3: Request your Student ID Number
All new students will be provided with an identification card when you arrive for orientation in the fall and it will also be on your first billing statement from the college. Some students need to know their identification number several months prior to orientation for financial aid and other purposes.
- Call the Student Financial Services Office (toll free: 800.777.2556 | direct: 585.567.9328)
- Inform the person you talk to that you are requesting your student ID number
- Have personal identification information on hand (such as your date of birth, Social Security Number, etc. to verify your identity)