After your confirmation of enrollment deposit has been received and fully processed, you will be able to pick up your Houghton College email account and request your student ID number. Below are the steps to follow in order to do so.
Step 1: Submit Your Enrollment Deposit
- Submit your enrollment deposit.
- Check your email for confirmation it has been received.
- After you receive your confirmation email, you should also receive an enrollment packet mailing within a week or so.
- Once your enrollment packet has been received and fully processed, we will automatically create your email account.
Step 2: Create Your Houghton Email Account
Once we receive your enrollment packet and fully process it, we will automatically create your email account, usually in one or two business days. Once we’ve created your account, you will receive an email with a link you can follow to pick up your account. This email is sent from the address “firstname.lastname@example.org”, and be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox after a day or two.
The link in the email will take you to a web page where you will be asked to select your anticipated college graduation year and a password for your account. Once you’ve provided the necessary pieces of information you can start using your account immediately.
If you’ve submitted your enrollment packet and don’t receive the account pickup email within a few days, please contact your Admission counselor to inquire about the status of your account. It may be that we have the wrong email address on file for you, or maybe there was a delay in processing your enrollment packet.
Step 3: Request your Student ID Number
All new students will be provided with an identification card when you arrive for orientation in the fall and it will also be on your first billing statement from the college. Some students need to know their identification number several months prior to orientation for financial aid and other purposes.
There are two ways to request your ID:
- Call the Student Financial Services Office (toll free: 800.777.2556 | direct: 585.567.9328)
- Inform the person you talk to that you are requesting your student ID number
- Have personal identification information on hand (such as your date of birth, Social Security Number, etc. to verify your identity)
- Create your Houghton email account
- Go to Student Self Service and log-in using your Houghton account information
- Click on the “My Profile” tab on the far-right
- Click on “Account Information” in the menu option that appears on the far-left
- Your student ID is the field titled “System ID” (including all of the zeros)