Online courses at Houghton College provide the same high-quality instruction from the same expert faculty for which Houghton has received national recognition. Competitive pricing and relevant course offerings make taking online courses at Houghton an easy choice.
Who are the courses for?
High school juniors and seniors seeking to expand their educational horizons are welcome to enroll in Houghton’s online courses.
What courses are offered?
Starting March 15, 2021
- BIBL 101 Biblical Literature
- COMM 295 Visual Personal Narrative
- CSCI 195 Security and Networking Foundations (cybersecurity)
- ENST 295 God, Country, and Climate Change
- PSY 217 Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood
- SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology
- THEL 209 Introduction to Christianity
Starting May 10
- ART 283/ Intro to Digital Photography
- BADM 203 Survey of Business
- CRJ 201 Intro to Criminal Justice
- MBCM 206 Intro to Music Business
- POL 205 In Search of Justice
- POLS 260 Intro to Political Thought
- PSY 111 Introduction to Psychology
- STEM 142 Science and Society: Video and Board Games
Starting June 15
- MHS 223 History Rock and Roll & Commercial Music in the US (June 15-August 8, Campus EDU)
- PHIL 202 Metaphysics, Morality, Mind (June 15-August 8, Campus EDU)
Starting July 6
- ART 479 Prof Practices in Photography
- BADM 201 Introduction to Economics
- BADM 303 Entrepreneurship
- COMM 215 Interpersonal Communication
- MBCM 415 Web-Based Tools: Music Industry
- MHS 222 Intro to Film Music
- POLS 220 American Political System
- POLS 230 International Relations
- SOC 101 Intro to Sociology
How much does it cost?
For the 2020-2021 Academic Year: $180 per credit hour.
No additional or hidden fees. Most courses are 3 credit hours.
When are the courses offered?
Courses are offered during the fall, spring and summer semesters.
Who are the professors?
Online classes are taught in the full context of a Christian worldview by Houghton College faculty – dedicated, experienced educators who integrate their Christian faith with outstanding scholarship and who are experts in their fields. Faculty are experienced, engaged and ready to help you meet your full potential.
Are the credits I earn online transferable?
Because Houghton is fully accredited, our credits are transferable to public and private colleges and universities around the world.