Earn your degree in computer science
Houghton's Computer Science Program
The computer science degree at Houghton College includes a balanced mixture of theory and application. Beyond traditional offerings in Programming, Networking, and Data Structures & Algorithms, our computer science major has included some interesting and challenging courses such as Machine Learning, Data Mining, Neural Networks, and Computational Biology.
Coursework within the computer science major responds to the current trends in computer science. The newest versions of software are used for teaching and special courses are offered to introduce new topics.
- Computer science
Real world experience
Computer science students have the opportunity to do interdisciplinary research with faculty on topics like machine learning and bioinformatics. Many students find summer internships with area companies or use their skills to serve other organizations throughout the year.
Our computer science lab provides an environment where students can learn and explore many new technologies. The computers in the lab were all assembled by our computer science students.
Houghton College Highlights
- A dynamic community of Christians living, learning and experiencing life together
- A top nationally-ranked Christian college, as reported by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and the Princeton Review
- Academic programs in over 70 areas of study
- Interdisciplinary honors programs, including a science honors program
- Learn from experts in the scientific community through our science and math colloquia
- Collaborative research opportunities in our summer research institute
- Study abroad opportunities around the world; over 50% of Houghton students study off-campus before they graduate
- Beautiful scenic campus in Western New York State
Ideas Change Things. We want yours!Idea Box
To learn more
Request information today to learn more about Houghton's programs in computer science.