Greatbatch School of Music
Musically Excellent | Academically Engaging | Profoundly Christian
Major in Music at a Top Christian College
At Houghton College, we combine musical excellence, challenging academics and relevant faith. As one of the top Christian music colleges in the country, the strength of a music degree from Houghton College is the caliber of education students receive in all three areas of music, academics, and faith. Uniquely situated as a conservatory-level School of Music within a Christ-centered, challenging, liberal arts college, the Greatbatch School of Music is committed to producing graduates who can intelligently articulate the integration of faith and music in their lives and who are actively and effectively serving Christ through music in the Christian community and in the broader world.
Commercial Music, Classical Performance, Music Education, Composition, and more
From commercial music to classical training; from exceptional faculty to acclaimed guest artist concerts and presentations; from courses in global music to classes on music in Christian perspective; from touring with ensembles both at home and abroad to interaction and collaboration with the Rochester and Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestras; from our state-of-the-art Center for the Arts to concerts, theatre, and cuisine in our neighbor-cities of Buffalo and Rochester; students are given the resources needed to excel.
You are uniquely gifted in the Greatbatch School of Music with everything you need to grow as a...
Musician. Student. Follower of Christ.
- A top nationally-ranked Christian college, as reported by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes, and the Princeton Review
- $50,000 4-year Presidential Scholarship to top-performing music student
- Performance scholarships for music and non-music majors
- State-of-the-art Center for the Arts
- International touring with our ensembles
- 5 Bachelor of Music & Bachelor of Arts undergraduate degrees
- 5 Master of Music & Master of Arts graduate degrees
- NEW Commercial Music/Recording Arts
- Pro Tools certification
- Performing faculty and visiting artists alongside an outstanding Distinguished Artists concert series
- Accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) since 1946, regional accreditation (Middle States), and Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) member
Learn how you can earn your music degree at the Greatbatch School of Music! Request information today.