Handshake will allow you to:
- Post Job/Internship Openings (while only entering your contact info once!)
- Search for Qualified Candidates from our student/alumni database
- Manage Interview Schedules
- Register for Career Events
For First Time Handshake Users
You will need to create your personal account and link to your employer's Handshake page. (This is a one-time-only process.)
- Go to http://houghton.joinhandshake.com
- Click on "Sign up for an Account" and then "Employer."
- To create your personal account, enter your information, email and create a password. Handshake will send you a confirmation email to verify your credentials.
- Check your email and click the link to confirm your account.
- Follow the steps to set up your account, search for your employer and link to that account. (If your organization is not in Handshake, you will create its employer page.)
- Students and alumni will see these pages when searching in the system.
- You can also request access to Houghton College during the sign-up process, notifying us that you would like to post jobs with us in the future
Other Employer Resources
Fall Graduate School Fair
This event presents an excellent opportunity to engage Houghton College students about future career, graduate or professional school opportunities.
You are welcome to interview students and/or alumni on campus. We will arrange for you to conduct interviews in an office or a space within our Campus Center Lounge, (a highly visible area).
Spring Job and Internship Fair
If you are looking to fill positions at your company or organization, consider participating in our Spring Job and Internship Fair held in early February. This day brings together employers and students seeking employment in a casual atmosphere. There is no cost to participate and employers may register for this fair on Handshake.
Bridging the Gap: Liberal Arts and the World of Work
Research suggests that liberal arts graduates make ideal employees. Chief executive officers across the nation issue glowing testimonials about the superior education and capabilities of liberal arts graduates. Yet, many of these liberal arts candidates may still be overlooked by company recruiters who seek personnel with more practical or technical skills.
Houghton College encourages students to gain internship and practicum experiences through either college-sponsored programs or summer career-related work. In fact, Internships are required within many departments.
Are you interested in having an intern at your organization? Contact Vocation and Calling and let us know your need. We will be happy to put you in touch with the appropriate department personnel who can handle your request.
Are you interested in serving as a career mentor? Contact Vocation and Calling, to discuss this great way to serve.
Houghton College Office of Vocation and Calling
Houghton, NY 14744