- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University (2008)
- M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison (2002)
- B.S., Olivet Nazarene University (1999)
- Pathogenic Microbes
- Fundamentals of Human Biology
- Science Honors
- Senior Capstone in Biology
- Collaborative Research in Biology
- Chlamydia Basic Research Society
- American Society of Microbiology
- American Society for Reproductive Immunology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
Publications & Presentations:
- Potter J.L., G.A. Jarvis, M.H. Roberts, and M.D. Cooper. (2008). “Identifying the Cytokine Response and Toll-Like Receptor Expression in Genital Epithelial Cell Co-infection by Herpes Simplex Virus and Chlamydia trachomatis.” American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. In process.
- Quan D.N., M.D. Cooper, J.L. Potter, M.H. Roberts, H. Cheng and G.A. Jarvis. (2008). “TREM-2 Binds to Lipooligosaccharides of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and is Expressed on Reproductive Tract Epithelial Cells.” Mucosal Immunology, 1: 229-238.
- Potter J.L., M.H. Roberts, C.M. Bivens and M.D. Cooper. (Sept. 1, 2004). “Cytokine Response in Cultured Genital Epithelial Cells with Co-Infections by C. trachomatis and HSV-2” (poster). European Society for Chlamydia Research. Budapest, Hungary.
- Potter J.L., M.H. Roberts, C.M. Bivens and M.D. Cooper. (June 3, 2004). “Cytokine Response in Cultured Genital Cells to Co-Infections by C. trachomatis and HSV-2” (poster). American Society of Reproductive Immunology. St Louis, Missouri.
- Potter J.L., M.K. Nakhla, L. Mejia, and D.P. Maxwell. (2003). “PCR and DNA Hybridization Methods for Specific Detection of Bean-Infecting Begomoviruses in the Americas and Caribbean.” Plant Disease, 87: 1205-1212.
- Martínez Y., M. Quiñones, D. Fonseca, J.L. Potter, and D.P. Maxwell. (2002). “First Report of Tomato Yellow Leaf Curl Virus Infecting Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) in Cuba.” Plant Disease, 86: 814.
- Potter J.L., M.K. Nakhla, L. Mejia, and D.P. Maxwell. (March 2001). “Specific PCR and DNA Hybridization Methods for Detection of Bean-Infecting Geminiviruses” (poster). American Phytopathological Society Caribbean Division, Havana, Cuba. Online: http://www.apsnet.org/meetings/div/cr01abs.asp.
- Potter J.L., M.M. Roca de Doyle, M.K. Nakhla, and D.P. Maxwell. (2000). “First Report and Characterization of Rhynchosia Golden Mosaic Virus in Honduras.” Plant Disease, 84(9): 1045-1045.