Over fifty local artisans and small businesses will bring their handcrafted wares to campus on December 12–13 for the annual Christmas Art and Craft Fair.
Houghton College will host its 33rd annual Christmas Art and Craft Fair on Thursday, December 12th, and Friday, December 13th. Both days, the fair will run from 10am to 6pm in the Reinhold Campus Center. The fair features more than 50 local vendors selling handcrafted items such as pottery, woodworking, jewelry, artwork, wool clothing items, and other gifts for the holidays. This event is free to browse and open to the public.
This year’s selection of items for sale will include:
- Artwork from local artists, including paintings, pencil drawings, and prints
- Baked goods
- Candy, including chocolate, sponge candy, and honey suckers
- Ceramics and pottery
- Christmas ornaments and crafts
- Christmas greenery baskets and Christmas wreaths
- Crocheted and knitted items, including hats, shawls, and scarves
- Essential oils
- Fabric crafts and sewing items
- Handcrafted alpaca wool items
- Handmade greeting cards
- Handmade soaps, lotions, and bath products
- Paper crafts
- Quilts and quilted items
- Scroll saw and lathe-turned woodwork, including handmade wooden toys, puzzles, and word art
Vendors will be selling their wares on the main and lower levels of the Campus Center, offering two full floors of items to peruse.
The Art and Craft Fair is held yearly in December, offering community members and Houghton students the chance to find gifts and special items for the holidays, while also supporting local artisans and small businesses from across Western New York.
The event includes giveaways on both days, with special prizes offered by the vendors. Each purchase made during the event means an additional chance to win one of these unique, handpicked items.