Our Equestrian Center is located on 386 acres of farmland on a scenic ridge with a glorious view of the Genesee River valley.
Equestrian Center Features
- Event Center with geothermal heating and cooling which includes:
- 100’x 220’ indoor arena, bleacher seating for 200, classroom, concession stand, restrooms, changing rooms, two wash racks and 12 box stalls
- Five barns with 51 box stalls
- Multiple pastures ranging from three to seven acres
- 60′ x 145′ indoor arena with heated viewing/classroom attached
- 120′ x 240′ outdoor stadium jumping ring
- 20m x 60m dressage arena with a permanent judge’s stand
The outdoor and small indoor arena have a mixed sand and shredded rubber footing and the large indoor in the event center has GGT, German Geo Textile, and sand mixed footing. The facilities also include introductory, beginner-novice, novice and training level cross country jumps and scenic trails that wind through the woods and around hay fields.
Students planning to bring horses to college need to check with the program director for stall availability. Board charges reflect the college’s actual costs.
Those that are going to be attending Houghton in the upcoming semester and are interested in working at the barn can contact the chore-crew chief with any questions.