F-1 Student Forms

Program Extension Request

Students needing to extend their academic program must fill out a Program Extension Request (DOC) and have it signed by their advisor.  Program extensions are not automatically granted and must fit certain criteria in order to be approved.  The most common criteria include delays caused by a change of major, credits lost upon transferring to Houghton, or the addition of a second major.  If you are unsure whether your program should be extended look at you’re the program end date on your I-20.  This date should be on or after the date that you will finish all coursework related to your degree.

Reduced Course Load Request

All F-1 international students are required to maintain a full course of study while at Houghton.  For undergraduate students this translates to a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.  There are a few reasons whereby students may be permitted to drop below this minimum; however, prior authorization by the DSO is required before dropping below full-time.  It is very important that you NOT drop below full-time without prior authorization from the DSO.  Any student seeking approval for a Reduced Course Load (RCL) must fill out the form (PDF) and have it signed by their advisor or attending physician (depending on the reason for the RCL).

Transfer-In Form

All students transferring into Houghton must fill out the Transfer Authorization Form (PDF) and have it signed by the DSO at their current school.

Transfer-Out Form

All students transferring out of Houghton must fill out the Transfer Request Form (PDF) and should include a copy of their admission paperwork for the school they are transferring into.