Off Campus Study | Resources
The below links can provide valuable information for Study Abroad
Looking for need based scholarships?
Always check with your provider when you are filling out your application. Many offer scholarships.
- Boren Scholarship for Critical Language Study
- Foundation for Global Scholars
- Freeman-Asia (specific for study abroad in Asia)
- Houghton College Financial Aid
- Rosa Mae Language Scholarship (Contact HC Foreign Language Office)
- All Abroad Scholarship Search
- GoAbroad Scholarship Search
- International Education Financial Aid Search
- Study Abroad.com Scholarship Search
- GoAbroad scholarship list
- All Abroad scholarship list
Faculty and Staff Forms
US Government Study Abroad Information
International Travel Insurance
- Houghton College requires each student and faculty traveling abroad for academic credit or for a college sponsored trip to have international travel insurance. This is available through the Off-Campus Programs office. For information on the insurance click on the the following link: MyISIC : Travel Insurance Also look for other benefits and discounts.
Reading up on Study Abroad
Study Abroad can seem daunting. If you would like some useful reading on the whole process the following links can be helpful. These are not Houghton sites but are from recommended sites.
You may visit the Houghton US Post Office, the OCP Office or follow the links below for information and downloadable forms. Passport Photos are available at the AV Center on the 1st floor of Chamberlain Center.
The Center for Disease Control hosts the best information for concerns about health issues while traveling and immunization recommendations.