The human resources management degree at Houghton College equips you to serve a company's most precious resource: its people.
Students learn about the ethical, legal, and social factors that shape today's workforce. Courses cover a variety of subjects, from recruitment and training to labor laws, compensation and benefits.
- Interviewing and hiring employees.
- Developing personnel policies with top management.
- Managing employee benefits.
- Investigating and resolving grievances.
- Maintaining confidential records and personnel files.
- Coordinating equipment acquisition and IT access.
- Preparing new hire manuals and conducting orientation.
Elective Courses and General Education
Why Major in Human Resources Management?
- Get real-world, hands-on experience in the field with our many student-run business opportunities.
- Study with faculty members who have years of professional business experience in a variety of fields, including (but not limited to) broadcasting, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, nonprofits, banking, public relations, higher education and human resource management.
- Join the 100 percent of Houghton business majors who are employed or in graduate school one year after graduation (according to a survey done in 2014)