Final Checkout Information
April 27, 11:00 pm: Currently stored items removed.
May 1-7, 7:00 -11:00 pm: Storage available by seeing on-duty RA.
May 6, 11:59 pm: All signups must be completed.
May 8, 8:00 am: Students must be moved out (unless approved to stay for commencement).
May 10, 5:00 pm: All commencement students must be checked out (must have been previously
approved to stay).
May 12, 8:00 am All commencement students must be moved out (must have been previously
approved to stay).
Townhouse & College Houses Common Space Assessment:
- Sign up for a time as a townhouse (all members must be present)
- Be present at your time
- Have your space clean
- Report all known damages
- Sign up as a house with your current RA (TH Laundry Rooms)
No later than 11:59pm on Monday, May 6 and at least 24 hours before your time slot.
- All residents will have the common space assessed at the same time. This will be done either before the first
occupant checks out or by 8:00 am on Wednesday, May 8; whichever is first.
- At time of checkout, all furniture must be moved away from wall. All unnecessary items should be packed.
Personal items that do not need to be in the common spaces should be moved to individual rooms, if possible.
- Students are responsible for all damage that was not documented on the RIC form, including damage that is
found after any or all students have vacated the townhouse. It is suggested that students show all damage
that they know of to minimize unexpected charges.
You must sign up for your Individual checkout time no later than 11:59 pm on Monday May 6 or no later than 24
hours before your time slot, whichever is first. If you do not sign up within these time frames you will default to
the Express checkout option listed below.
Quick steps: Choose checkout option:
- Express Checkout:
a. Completely clean room and move all belongings out
b. Read and fill out all express checkout materials
c. Drop off key and key envelope at designated location
- Traditional Checkout:
a. Sign up for a time
b. Be present at your time
c. Have your space clean and items ready to move out
d. Report all known damage
e. Drop off Key at designated location
- Express (Student may leave without an appointment)
a. This process is the default for those who leave or don’t make an appointment
b. Room condition is assessed after student departs from campus
c. Student waives the privilege of contesting charges
d. If correct key is not returned, a charge will be assessed
e. Choose this option if:
- You feel your room is in "good condition" ;
- You are leaving very early or very late at night;
- You want a simple and quick checkout process.
- You don’t want to schedule an appointment.
- Traditional (by appointment with RA)
a. Sign up as a house with your current RA (TH Laundry Rooms).
No later than 11:59pm on Monday, May 6 and at least 24 hours before you time slot.
b. Commencement weekend: Sign up at your hall desk/Leonard 21 (TH only) for a time on Friday, May
10. Drop key off before leaving.
c. Appointment must be scheduled 30 minutes prior to or earlier than your campus departure.
d. Choose this option if:
- You do not feel comfortable with the condition of your room;
- Your roommate has not yet departed and you're not sure if s/he will clean the room before s/he leaves;
- There are questionable damages to the room;
- Furniture is missing;
- You have questions about charges that may be billed.
- You want an RA to assess the condition of your room prior to your departure;